To make this pink velvet cake, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp butter vanilla emulsion oil (or very good quality vanilla extract)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Pink gel coloring
- 2 cups strawberries (cut into small pieces)
- Strawberry frosting
- 1 cup shredded coconut
– I highly recommend sifting the flour because it makes the cake more airy and soft.
– If you don’t want to use strawberry frosting, you can use my silky soft buttercream icing recipeinstead. Just tint it with some pink gel coloring.
And here are the steps:
In a deep bowl, cream butter and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
Add eggs and mix again.
In a separate bowl, add the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
And mix with a spoon.
Add these dry ingredients to your wet mixture, alternately with buttermilk… mixing properly after each addition.
Pour this batter into an 8×2 heart pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 40-45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Allow your cake to cool and come down to room temperature.
Then, cut it in half and fill it with strawberry frosting and top it off with about 1 cup of small strawberry pieces.
Place the other half of the cake on top of this.
Now, frost your entire cake with strawberry frosting.
Cover the sides of the cake with finely shredded coconut
Use Tip # 1M (star tip) to make a design on top of your cake (leaving some space in the center) and also make a design on the cake board.
Fill the space on top of on your cake with the remaining pieces of strawberries and top it all off with a few round sprinkles.
And you are done!