Red Velvet anything is my favorite. When I saw that there were red velvet crepes, I about lost it. So I got right to work to make the perfect red velvet crepes and I think we just about did it!
They taste amazing! They are so easy to make and they make a ton. This is the perfect breakfast for that special someone this Valentine’s Day.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- dash of salt
- In a medium size bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and sugar until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the buttermilk, milk, egg, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, food coloring, salt, and butter until well combined.
- Pour the liquids into the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Whisk together the wet and dry ingredients until well combined and there are only a few small bumps.
- The mixture should be pretty smooth and not thick like pancake batter. If it is too thick, add a tablespoon or two of milk.
- Grease a medium small skillet, and pour about a 1/4 cup of the crepe mixture into the pan.
- Circulate the pan so the batter spreads evenly across.
- Place back on the burner and cook for about 30 seconds on each side.
- Serve with cream cheese, whipped cream, Nutella, chocolate sauce, strawberries, or powdered sugar